The sharp tang and buttery richness of the lime butter bring a fascinating note to this vividly seasoned snapper, creating culinary harmony on the dinner plate.
- Butter, softened 1/4 cup 60 mL
- Grated lime zest 1 tsp. 5 mL
- Lime juice 1 tsp. 5 mL
- Coarsely ground pepper 1/2 tsp. 2 mL
- Lime juice 2 tbsp. 30 mL
- Tex-Mex seasoning 2 tbsp. 30 mL
- Brown sugar, packed 1 tbsp. 15 mL
- Olive oil 1 tbsp. 15 mL
- Coarse salt 1 tsp. 5 mL
- Red snapper fillets 1 1/2 lbs. 680 g
- Beat first 4 ingredients until creamy. Spoon onto a sheet of waxed paper and form into a 2 inch (5 cm) long cylinder (see How To, page 186). Wrap tightly and freeze for about 1 hour until firm.
- Combine next 5 ingredients and spread over fillets. Chill, covered, for 30 minutes. Place fillets on a sheet of greased heavy-duty (or double layer of regular) foil. Cook on direct medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve with sliced lime butter medallions.
ABOUT BUYING FISH FILLETS To ensure you’re buying fresh fish, check that: • the flesh colour is bright and consistent • the fish smells fresh and not “fishy” • the flesh is firm, elastic and moist—but not slimy • the cut edges are neat and clean
Reprinted from Practical Gourmet Good Friends, Great Grilling © Company’s Coming Publishing Limited www.companyscoming.com
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Jacklynn’s Contemporary Living Room Design Board - November 16, 2018
- Yvonne’s Cheerful Bedroom Design Board - November 16, 2018
- Yummy Christmas Mocktails Perfect for Christmas Dinner - November 12, 2018