Preparation and planning are key to surviving a bathroom renovation, especially if it’s the only bathroom in your house. Here are tips to keep your sanity in check.
1. Plan to have your renovation take place when you can take a vacation or visit family. Also ensure you are not hosting guests during the reno.
2. Have all supplies ordered and on hand to avoid delays.
3. Have plastic or dust sheets handy to keep dust at bay and don’t forget to cover your furniture.
4. Ensure everyone takes a shower or bath the day before the reno begins as you will need a few days while the tile and grout sets. Dry shampoo and baby wipes will become your best friend during the reno. Set up a temporary washing station in your home. This could be in the kitchen or basement.
5. If this is your only bathroom in the house, the toilet should be the first thing installed in the bathroom. However, you may be inconvenienced for a day so be prepared to run to your neighbor’s house or have a portable toilet. – Text by Christine Da Costa, www.decorbychristine.com