KEEP IT LIGHT AND BRIGHT! Even a walkout basement like this one can feel dark and cold. The use of white, light colours and an open floor plan work together to keep this space feeling bright and inviting.
HAVE A LITTLE FUN! A basement family room is the perfect space to showcase your personality. Play around with your favourite colour, fun shapes and unique design details to create a space you’ll love.
PAINT OUT THE CEILING! Instead of installing a ceiling in the basement, paint out the joists from the floor above in the same colour as the walls. This will brighten up the room and make the space feel taller.
- Designed by Wentworth Inc., www.wentworthstudio.com;
- Photos by Stacy Zarin Goldberg for Wentworth Inc.;
- Bijou Premier Sofa, La-ZBoy, www.la-z-boy.ca;
- Liquid Crimson Artwork, Crate and Barrel, www.crateandbarrel.ca;
- Molten Chair, Revolve Furnishings, www.revolvefurnishings.com;
- Geometric Pattern Throw Pillow, Urban Barn, www.urbanbarn.ca;
- Canadian Throw Pillows, HomeSense, www.homesense.ca;
- Faux Potted Plant, HomeSense, www.homesense.ca;
- Molten Side Table, Revolve Furnishings, www.revolvefurnishings.com