JO’S DESIGN TIPS
- Start your design with an inspirational piece you love. My inspirational came from the chandelier with its fantastic combination of wood and black details.
- White walls paired with a dark trim add a dramatic flair to the space while allowing the wood details in the table and chandelier to become the main focus of the room.
- Contemporary accessories with little detail help to balance the dramatic look of this black and white colour scheme.
GET THIS LOOK
- Select Classic Light Buff (SW 0050) for your walls and Darkroom (SW 7083) for your trim. Sherwin-Williams
- Hang a gorgeous Feiss chandelier between 23″ to 36″ above the table height. Robinson Lighing & Bath Center (CLICK HERE TO VOTE FOR JO AND ENTER TO WIN THIS CHANDELIER!)
- Add an area rug. Crate & Barrel
- Add a beautiful table, placed at lease 32″ to 26″ from the wall. The Goods
- Add white and acrylic chairs. The Goods
- Add a painting. BoConcept
- Add a candle holder (EQ3), vase and porcelain bowl to finish the look. (Black Rooster)
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends' Style Editor, Jo Alcorn, Design Specialist and Founder of Whitewash & Co, has developed a diverse client base and is most proud of being able to provide style and continuity for a range of personalities and decor preferences. Jo's passion for design has been showcased on a handful of films and many tv programs including HGTV, Discovery Channel, CBC Steven and Chris, Breakfast Television, CityTV, Rogers Stations, Global Morning Show and more. Jo has used her design skills to develop her own line of locally made, high quality, stylish, environmentally friendly furniture, a lighting collection for Artcraft and even her own paint colour! Jo also serves as a teacher at Humber College North Campus.