Buying your first home can be an overwhelming and daunting task. Here are a few things that will help make the process easier.
- Know what you can realistically afford. Consult with a mortgage agent and get pre-qualified with a price range you can afford. This will save a lot of time in the buying process.
- Know what you need. Take inventory of your wants and basic needs for your new home. This includes: number of bedrooms, bathrooms and square footage you require.
- Have a plan! Your first home should be a stepping stone towards a larger investment down the road. Most people tend to stay at least five years in a property and life can stretch your tenure in a place.
- Conditions, conditions, and more conditions! Get a home inspection done as it can save you lots of potential stress and repair bills! With an inspection, you will get an idea of the issues that require your immediate attention and problems that may arise in the foreseeable future. Even the best real estate agent, although experienced, is not a certified and insured inspector.
- Location , location, location! Take a close look at the neighbourhood and area amenities such as the quality of schools, proximity and condition of hospitals and parks, and access to public transit or major routes.
As Seen In Canadian Home Trends Magazine Spring 2015
The following two tabs change content below.
Joe Mancuso is an award winning realtor in the Toronto Area. He brings a wealth of business experience to the table from building and renovating here, to handling commercial properties in the US and producing Green Building products in Shanghai. Joe has always believed that the fundamental goal revolving around property is that it suits the clients needs and aspirations. Simply put, his best tip is "whether you spend $5 or $5 million on your home, it is essential that you are satisfied. The reality is that in the end, when all is said and done and everyone else goes home, you have to live there. It's your home, so it is important that you like it!"
Latest posts by Joe Mancuso (see all)
- Real Estate Advice with Joe Mancuso: Life is Better at the Lake - August 7, 2017
- Real Estate Advice with Joe Mancuso: The Mortgage Commitment - June 14, 2017
- Real Estate Advice With Joe Mancuso: 4 Condo Secrets Revealed - February 20, 2017