It is amazing what you can accomplish with a little paint and a lot of creativity! Last year, Frog Tape launched their first annual Earn Your Stripes contest. Contestants were encouraged to submit before and after photos of room transformations and this kitchen by Nora Firestone of Virginia Beach took first place with her kitchen transformation accomplished using paint!
I loved Nora’s kitchen transformation the instant I saw it – and that was before I discovered the creativity that went into transforming this kitchen! Take a closer look at just a few of the things she transformed using paint:
- 25 year old cabinets are given a modern update with clean white paint on top and a rich brown on the bottom.
- A faux backsplash was created using a checkerboard pattern andboth FrogTape Multi-Surface and Delicate Surface painter’s tape. This is one of my favourite details – the faux backsplash looks like a custom tile backsplash but at a fraction of the cost!
- Concrete primers give the countertops new life.
- Hand painted designs turn kitchen accessories into custom pieces!
Beginning May 1, 2012 and ending July 31, 2012 homeowners in the United States and Canada will have a chance to enter the second annual FrogTape® “Earn Your Stripes” contest by submitting before, during, and after photos of a room makeover and its accessories – including everything from tables and frames, to furniture and flooring. Think you have what it takes to win? Now is the time to start planning your room transformation project!
The grand prize winner will receive $5,000; the second place, $2,500; and the third place winner, $1,000. As a thank-you for participating, every “Earn Your Stripes” entrant with a complete submission will receive a prize pack that includes a FrogTape bag, t-shirt and rolls of FrogTape. To provide entrants with more opportunities to win this year, submissions will be divided into seven categories and a winner will be selected in each. From children’s rooms and nurseries, to man caves and kitchens, each category victor will earn bragging rights and one of the “Best in Show” cash prizes of $100.
FrogTape is available in two different adhesive technologies which will allow flexibility for contestants to paint on different surfaces throughout their homes. FrogTape Multi-Surface has a medium adhesion and can be used on cured painted walls, wood trim, glass and metal. FrogTape Delicate Surface has a lower adhesion to prevent damage on surfaces such as fresh paint (24 hours old), wallpaper and faux finishes.
For complete rules and details visit frogtape.com/earnyourstripes.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Design Ideas for Your Custom Walk-in Closet - October 30, 2019
- Repairing Your Commercial Appliances: A Simple Guide - October 24, 2019
- What Is a VoIP Service? - October 15, 2019