Gone are the days when the only statement lighting was over the dining table. Today, you can add a designer touch to any room in your home with a well-chosen light fixture.
We asked two designers, Jo Alcorn and Michelle Cook, to create design boards inspired but some of our favorite statement-making fixtures. The designers had the option to choose the room they wanted to design.
Designer Michelle Cook was given the Triad Linear Chandelier from Living Lighting. Most people would assume this piece would hang over a dining table but Michelle chose to create created a fantastic den/office with a bar, a work area and a sitting area! (See Jo Alcorn’s Foyer Design Board Here.)
THE FIXTURE: Triad 3 Light Linear Chandelier in Olde Bronze
THE DESIGN BOARD: Mid-Century Modern Den/Office
CREATE THIS LOOK:
This vintage-inspired den/office is a throwback to pre-loved textures, metals and shapes. The feeling is intimate and warm with gold studded, dark blue, hemp wallpaper and a coordinating grey wall colour. The soft wool carpet grounds the room while the emerald green sofa and tan leather chair bring life to the space. Warm woods and gold accents with simple lines and minimal, classic detailing make the mixture in this space work.
- Ambiance Black Walnut Hardwood Flooring, Lauzon Flooring
- Studs & Stripes Wallpaper, Phillip Jeffries
- Silver Spring 2120-50, Benjamin Moore
- Quintana Sapphire Broadloom Carpet, Elte
- Kichler Triad Linear Chandelier, Living Lighting
- Avec Apartment Sofa, CB2
- Down to the Wire Coffee Table, Caracole
- Topanga Corner Bar, CB2
- Cupa Leather Chair, CB2
- Blackened Brass Parsons Desk, WestElm
- Rack Brass Chair, CB2
- Light Line, Hollace Cluny
- Luster Mercury Bottles, WestElm
- Depth Perception Side Table, Caracole
- White Rim Lacquer Trays, WestElm
- Daisy Place Frame, Chapters Indigo