Octopus Salad with Black Ink Potatoes
- 1lb Octopus precooked and chopped
- 4 potatoes diced ½ inch thick
- 1 cup red onions
- 1 pack of squid ink
- 2 lemons
- 1 bunch of parsley leaves only
- 3 tbsp celery cut thinly
- A pinch celery leaves from the heart
- 2 tbsp Moroccan black olives pitted
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Season the red onions with salt, sugar, pepper and red wine vinegar then sauté quickly in oil for half a minute in a hot pan, set aside to cool.
- Prepare the squid ink vinaigrette by carefully mixing the black ink with the lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Boil the potatoes in plenty of salted water, once they are cooked strain and immediately toss into the vinaigrette, this will flavour the potatoes and will also give them the colour.
- Preheat the octopus and season it with some salt, pepper, lemon juice, olive oil and toss in it the parsley, celery, olives and celery leaves.
- Place the potatoes on a plate and top with the octopus and the red onions, drizzle some more olive oil and lemon and serve. This is a dish best served and enjoyed at room temperature or slightly warm.
Recipe Courtesy of CanadianHomeTrends.com
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Ultimate Design Challenge: Vote for a Chance to Win! - November 16, 2018
- Jacklynn’s Contemporary Living Room Design Board - November 16, 2018
- Yvonne’s Cheerful Bedroom Design Board - November 16, 2018