Peanut Butter Buttons
The pairing of peanut butter and chocolate is always a crowd favourite and this irresistible cookie recipe is also sure to delight. Additional recipes can be found at www.peanutbureau.ca.
- ½ cup (125 mL) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) peanut butter
- ½ cup (125 mL) + 3 tbsp (45 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla
- 1½ cups (375 mL) all-purpose flour
- 26 to 28 mini peanut butter cups
- icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place butter and peanut butter in a large bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat on high until very creamy.
- Beat in ½ cup (125 mL) sugar until well blended. Then beat in egg yolks, one at a time, scraping down sides as needed. Beat in vanilla and then flour until combined.
- Place 3 tbsp (45 mL) sugar in a shallow dish. Form dough into 1-inch (2.5-cm) balls, and roll in the sugar. Place on prepared baking sheet about 2 inches (5 cm) apart. Use your finger to press into centre of each dough ball to form an indent.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, place a peanut butter cup in indent and then continue to bake until golden and set, about 6 to 8 more minutes.
- Remove to a rack to cool completely. When completely cool, dust with icing sugar.
Recipe Courtesy of CanadianHomeTrends.com
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.