The pairing of peanut butter and chocolate is always a crowd favourite and this irresistible cookie recipe is also sure to delight. Additional recipes can be found at www.peanutbureau.ca.
- ½ cup (125 mL) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) peanut butter
- ½ cup (125 mL) + 3 tbsp (45 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla
- 1½ cups (375 mL) all-purpose flour
- 26 to 28 mini peanut butter cups
- icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place butter and peanut butter in a large bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat on high until very creamy.
- Beat in ½ cup (125 mL) sugar until well blended. Then beat in egg yolks, one at a time, scraping down sides as needed. Beat in vanilla and then flour until combined.
- Place 3 tbsp (45 mL) sugar in a shallow dish. Form dough into 1-inch (2.5-cm) balls, and roll in the sugar. Place on prepared baking sheet about 2 inches (5 cm) apart. Use your finger to press into centre of each dough ball to form an indent.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, place a peanut butter cup in indent and then continue to bake until golden and set, about 6 to 8 more minutes.
- Remove to a rack to cool completely. When completely cool, dust with icing sugar.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Design Ideas for Your Custom Walk-in Closet - October 30, 2019
- Repairing Your Commercial Appliances: A Simple Guide - October 24, 2019
- What Is a VoIP Service? - October 15, 2019