Quick Mushroom and Cheese Toasties
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 250g closed cup mushrooms, sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 wholemeal muffins, split
- 4 heaped tsp tomato chutney
- 50g mature cheddar cheese, grated
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the mushrooms and cook over a high heat for 4-5 mins or until the mushrooms are golden brown. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the grill. Place the muffins, cut side up, on the grill rack and toast on both sides. Place cut side up and spread some of the tomato chutney on each muffin. Top with the mushrooms and a sprinkling of cheese.
- Cook the muffins under the hot grill for 1-2 mins until golden brown and the cheese is bubbling. Serve hot.
For more mushroom recipes and nutritional information visit www.mushrooms.ca.
Recipe Courtesy of CanadianHomeTrends.com
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Yummy Christmas Mocktails Perfect for Christmas Dinner - November 12, 2018
- Candy Cane Pavlova - November 12, 2018
- Designer Space: Christmas Treasure Box - November 12, 2018