Kick your snacking up a notch! Inspired by the Mexican heat, these popsicles – or palatas – bring together the classic combination of peanut butter and chocolate, with a spicy kick to your palate. For the little ones, the amount of cayenne pepper can be reduced.
- 1 cup (250 ml) peanut butter
- ⅓ cup (75 ml) liquid honey
- ¾ tsp (4 ml) cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp (1 ml) salt
- ⅓ cup (75 ml) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup (250 ml) milk
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) peanuts, very finely chopped (optional)
- In a large (4 cup/1 L) measuring cup, stir peanut butter with honey, cayenne and salt. Stir in cocoa powder until smooth.
- Very gradually whisk in milk, until mixture is smooth and milk is completely combined.
- Sprinkle base of popsicle molds with peanuts. Pour peanut butter mixture into molds and insert popsicle sticks. Freeze until firm, about 6 hours.
Additional recipes can be found at www.peanutbureau.ca.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- What Is a VoIP Service? - October 15, 2019
- Design Spotlight: Simon Chang - October 9, 2019
- Here’s What to Know Before Hiring Someone to Service Your Electrical System - October 8, 2019