I was recently on Breakfast Television Toronto talking about the entertaining season ahead and the items you definitely want to have!
Watch the segment online @ http://www.bttoronto.ca/
Valentine’s Day is all about spending time with loved ones, entertaining and enjoying great food and drinks. Don’t let entertaining become a burden. Easier said than done right? Here are some foolproof tips to ensure stress-free entertaining for Valentine’s Day – or any holiday really.
1. Overnight Guest Check List: No matter how large or small your home is, setting up a space where out of town guests feel at home is essential. For small space living Modern Sensibility has stylish love seats that can transform into a double bed. Add some comfortable and cozy bedding from Bed Bath and Beyond, some fluffy towels and as an added luxury a basket filled with bathroom items and slippers is always a nice touch.
2. Setting a romantic table: I like to stick with white dishes and serving trays as they are timeless and versatile. Bed Bath and Beyond has a great collection called Everyday White Rim Dinnerware with pieces starting at $4.99. Sticking with white means you can accessories with beautiful napkins, table décor and candles to further set the mood. Again if small space living is your challenge, don’t think that takes you out of the entertaining circle. Modern Sensibility has created a small foyer table (called the Campbell) that transforms into a full size table that seats 10 so you aren’t left out of the holiday entertaining mix!
Don’t have a dining room, transform your family room into your dining space with Modern Sensibly Milan coffee table. The ‘Milan’ is the perfect solution as it turns from an elegant coffee table to a dining table in seconds! Entertains up to six people!
3. Be ready for those pop-in guests: It’s inevitable, there will always be those few friends or family members who “pop-in” at the most unexpected time. Having a few items on hand for these surprise visits can turn a chaotic meeting (visit) into a fun spur-of-the-moment gathering – for afternoon guests Keurig’s special edition gourmet single serve coffee maker is ideal (available at http://www.bedbathandbeyond.ca/). Adding your favourite baked goods to the mix which can be stored in the fridge or freezer and warmed up when needed makes the perfect afternoon pairing.
4. Set the mood. Set the right music. Sonos offers wireless music that you can tailor to different rooms in your home. You can play romantic music as people enter your home on one speaker and in the living room, you can play an (more upbeat music to get your guest dancing) entirely different genre. All controlled by your Smartphone, tablet or computer. Great for the hostess and also makes a perfect Valentine’s Day gift for the music lover. The speakers come in a few different colours to go with anyone’s décor.
Happy Valentine’s Day!!
Until next time,
Latest posts by Jo Alcorn (see all)
- Jo Alcorn’s Bold, Industrial Entrance Hallway Design Board - July 17, 2018
- Jo Alcorn’s Dining Room Trends 2 Watch - June 1, 2018
- Trends To Watch: Small Space Trends - March 19, 2018