“It is easy to accrue items in your home without consciously doing so,” says Ralph Stephen, a broker with Royal LePage Atlantic in Saint John, New Brunswick. “However, that doesn’t mean you have to purge everything. There many ways to fit items into your space while reducing clutter.”
Stephen recommends these three tips to make your home appear more spacious:
1. Use only one large piece of furniture per room. A minimalistic approach to furniture placement is ideal. Too much furniture clutters a room, making it appear smaller. It can also impede traffic flow. Be sure to choose furniture that is appropriate for the size of the room.
2. Use storage bins that double as furniture. This type of storage is becoming increasingly popular. What better way to store away your items than in a bin that doubles as an ottoman or coffee table?
3. Create the illusion of space with mirrors. You can create a spacious feeling even in a small space. A carefully-placed mirror can do wonders for a small room, while adding aesthetic appeal. Choose a focal point in your room and angle your mirror towards it. This will provide the illusion of depth. Increase the beauty and functionality of your home by incorporating these tips for space. More information on maximizing space can be found online at www.royallepage.ca.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Jo Alcorn’s Trends 2 Watch: Bathrooms - January 10, 2018
- Expert Advice: Getting the Best Bang for Your Bathroom Renovation Buck - January 10, 2018
- Accessing Your Home Equity: Remortgaging vs Home Equity Loans - January 2, 2018