(NC)—Each year, Canadians look forward to the holiday season with a mixture of excitement and dread. We love the time with family and friends, the food, the festivities – and of course, the gifts, but no one loves the expense and frustration. Finding the right gift for everyone on your list – at the right price – is easily one of the most time-consuming and stressful activities of the year.
Experts agree that setting and sticking to a budget is the best way to take charge of your spending during the holidays.
“By setting a limit, it’s much harder to go overboard and buy on impulse,” says Pouneh Hanafi, divisional vice-president, marketing, apparel and accessories at Sears. “I am buying all year and have learned how to manage within financial limits and still find the best quality, most fashionable items at good prices.”
For gift ideas that won’t blow your budget, Hanafi recommends the following top items – all under $60.
• Women’s leather gloves by Jessica – features 100 per cent fine leather, classic three-point detailing and Thinsulate lining for superior warmth in 10 rich colours;
• Plush robes and slippers – A Canada’s Best product, updated with a new feminine shape, elegant detailing and super comfort;
• Holiday-themed sleepers – in microfleece and velour to keep baby cozy on winter nights, and cute for Christmas morning;
• Little People Wheelies Loops ‘N Swoops Amusement Park – by Fisher Price, over two-feet tall of double roller coaster action, it is a terrific toy for toddlers with twists and turns and a 360-degree loop;
• Reversible vests – hooded with zip front in five great colours by Nevada with fair isle-patterned knit on the other side;
• Cashmere shrugs – classic and timeless, from Jessica;
• Wine glasses – 14-piece set with four glasses of three styles, a carafe and wine opener for the consummate host or hostess on your list;
• Egyptian Cotton, six-piece towel set – gifting made simple, luxurious Egyptian cotton, proudly made in Canada;
• Craftsman 21-piece titanium drill bit set with drills in metal, plastic and wood – perfect for the handy-man or woman on your list; and
• The Puffer Jacket – by Nevada in a down-blend for great insulation in snow, wind and sleet.
You can check out the 60thAnniversary Wish Book online at www.sears.ca.