Holiday Cookies – White Chocolate and Candy Cane Recipe. Did you know one of Canada’s favorite holiday traditions is baking? A survey by the makers of Becel found that 53 percent of Canadians spend time baking during the holidays.
When swapping baking recipes this season, try something with a little holiday flare that’s easy to make with the whole family. These White Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies are soft and chewy, and sure to put you at the top of Santa’s nice list.
Holiday Cookies White Chocolate and Candy Cane.
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 10 minutes Makes: 26
- ½ cup (125 mL) Becel Original margarine
- 1 ¼ cups (300 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- ½ cup (125 mL) firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup (60 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- ½ cup (125 mL) white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) crushed candy canes
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Combine flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat together margarine, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla until blended. Gradually add flour mixture and beat just until blended. Stir in white chocolate chips and crushed candy canes.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of batter onto ungreased baking sheets, about 2 inches (5 cm) apart. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are golden. Let cool for 2 minutes in pan on rack; transfer cookies directly to rack and let cool completely.
Tips: You can buy crushed candy canes or crush them in a food processor. If baking with kids, here’s a good method to get them involved: place candy canes in resealable plastic bag and wrap in another plastic bag or a clean tea towel. Place on cutting board and crush with a rolling pin or meat mallet. Make these cookies year-round by substituting crushed candy canes with colorful sprinkles.
For more unique items for your home, click shopCHT.com.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Remote Schooling: Creating a Dedicated eLearning Space - September 21, 2021
- Create a Guest Bathroom for Outdoor Entertaining - September 21, 2021
- Educational Travel Ideas for Families - September 21, 2021