If your place looks like it did when you got married 20 or 30 years ago, it’s time for a change. You (hopefully) don’t dress the same as you did back them, so why is your house still stuck in the 80’s?
Take a picture of the space and then look at it. That usually gives people a reality check and lets them know it’s time for an overdue décor update. You want your home to be a true reflection of yourself, and I’ve got 5 different cures for your yester-year decorating!
01. Dried flower arrangements.
They’re dead, they’re dusty— it’s time for them to go. Replace them with something live and vibrant, like a white orchid.
02. Ruffles. get rid of them! Replace ruffled pillows with more modern, clean line pillows such as a cotton or linen – a new pillow will completely change the look of any chair or sofa. Replace ruffled or lace curtains with more simple, linear drapes which are sure to boost your ceiling height. Ikea has great, affordable options.
03. Wallpaper borders. Pick your battle – either paint, or wallpaper. Sometimes you just can’t have the best of both worlds!!
04. Busy patterned sofas on top of busy patterned rugs. Can you scream clutter any louder? Update an old sofa with a solid slipcover, and replace patterned rugs with a more simple and toned down. Wool is really hot right now.
05. Several photos in 1 matted frame. Having too many pictures in one frame make them seem less important – make them stand out by framing them separately. For a designer touch, print them in sepia or black and white.