CHIPOTLE HONEY BUTTER TIP Purée the contents of the can of chipotle peppers. This makes for a better texture, and easy to use in multiple recipes.
HERB SALT CHEFS TIP You can use almost any herbs you like, or as many as you like. This salt is great as a seasoning salt and a finishing salt.
BROWN BUTTER SKILLET CORNBREAD INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup honey
2 cups buttermilk
1 1/2 cups cornmeal
1 cup all-purpose flour
4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
CHIPOTLE HONEY BUTTER INGREDIENTS
1 cup salted butter, softened
1 Tbsp. honey
2-3 tsp chipotle pepper purée (purée a can of chipotle peppers and sauce first) pinch of cinnamon
HERB SALT INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup coarse sea salt
1/2 cup packed fresh herbs (I use rosemary, thyme, sage)
1 cup sea saltsalt
BROWN BUTTER SKILLET CORNBREAD DIRECTIONS
1. Heat oven to 400o F.
2. On the stovetop, in a 9 or 10 inch skillet (ovenproof and preferably cast-iron), melt the butter over medium heat.
3. Cook, swirling pan to lightly coat sides and bottom, until a foam forms on top and the butter turns a nut brown. (Watch carefully to see that it does not burn.)
4. Pour brown butter into a large bowl, (Do not wipe out the pan).
5. Whisk the honey into the butter, then whisk in buttermilk.
6. The mixture should be cool to the touch. Whisk in the eggs.
7. Next whisk in the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
8. Pour the batter back into the hot cast iron skillet.
9. Bake until the top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted into it emerges clean, about 25 to 35 minutes.
10. Cool in the skillet for 10 minutes before slicing.
11. Serve with a dollop of chipotle honey butter and season with the herb infused salt to serve.
CHIPOTLE HONEY BUTTER DIRECTIONS
1. Stir together all ingredients until combined.
HERB SALT DIRECTIONSDIRECTIONS
1. Place 1/2 cup coarse sea salt and herbs in the bowl of a food processor.
2. Pulse, grinding salt until rosemary and thyme have a fine consistency.
3. Add 1 cup sea salt and pulse to combine.
4. Pour salt mixture into a shallow baking dish and let air dry for 1 hour.
5. Transfer salt to a glass jar and screw on lid.
Did You Know?
If you don’t have a skillet big enough to hold all the batter, you can bake the cornbread in 9-by-13-inch pan.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- 5 House Plants That Thrive in Low-Light - March 27, 2023
- Six Key Benefits of Using a Waterproof Coating for Parking Lots - March 27, 2023
- Home Renos and Stress - March 27, 2023
Leave a Comment