“Great as an appetizer, snack or main course.”
1 Tbsp cumin
2 tsp smoked paprika
2 tsp ancho chili powder
¾ cup olive oil 2 limes, juiced
4 serrano chilies cut in half
4 cloves garlic
1 ½ tsp salt
1 ½ tsp black pepper
2 bunches cilantro, chopped including stems
1. Combine the cumin, smoked paprika, ancho chili powder, olive oil, lime juice, serrano chilies, garlic, salt, and black pepper in the jar of a blender and purée until smooth.
2. Add the cilantro, blend until the cilantro is in small pieces.
3 lbs skirt or flank steak, cleaned
1 cup salsa or pico de gallo
2 limes, sliced into wedges
8-12 warm corn or flour tortillas (depending on size)
1. Rub the meat generously with the marinade. Place in a resealable plastic bag. Refrigerate for 8-12 hours.
2. Heat grill to medium-high heat.
3. Lift the steaks from the marinade and wipe off excess marinade.
4. Discard the marinade.
5. Grill each side until desired doneness.
6. Transfer to a cutting board, let rest for at least 5 minutes, slice against the grain into thin strips.
7. Serve on tortillas, garnished with pico de gallo, cilantro and a lime wedge.
Photograph by Tara Miller
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Remote Schooling: Creating a Dedicated eLearning Space - September 19, 2021
- Create a Guest Bathroom for Outdoor Entertaining - September 19, 2021
- Educational Travel Ideas for Families - September 19, 2021