CRÈME BRÛLÉE INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cups cream
- 2 Tbsp. Western Sage Creamed Cinnamon KB Honey
- 6 large egg yolks
- 4 Tbsp. sugar
- pinch salt
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
CRÈME BRÛLÉE DIRECTIONS:
- Preheat oven to 325º F.
- In a saucepan bring the cream, Western Sage Creamed Cinnamon KB Honey and a pinch of salt to a boil over low heat.
- In a second bowl, mix the egg yolks with the sugar. Beat with a whisk until the egg yolks are light yellow and fluffy.
- Pour a laddle full of the hot cream mixture into the egg mixture to temper the eggs. Incorporate quickly with a whisk in order to avoid curdling the eggs. Repeat this an additional 2 times.
- While constantly whisking slowly, pour the tempered egg mixture into the milk saucepan.
- Pour the custard into ramekins and place in a casserole. Fill the casserole with boiling water halfway up the ramekins. Place casserole in the oven
- Bake in the oven for 35 minutes.
- Refrigerate and let the custard cool completely (at least 2-3 hours).
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle on top of the custard.
- With a handheld torch caramelize the sugar to achieve a crispy sugar layer. If you don’t have a torch, you can also place the crème brûlée in the oven on broil high until sugar begins to caramelize. Keep a close eye on it.
KB Honey Farm, http://www.kbhoneyfamily.com
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- What Are Cost-Effective Ways to Raise Your Property Value? - June 1, 2023
- What to Do if Your Home Has Been Vandalized - June 1, 2023
- Signs Your Water Heater Needs Repair - June 1, 2023
Leave a Comment