- Let the turkey thaw in the fridge in the original wrapping. If the turkey needs to be thawed faster it can be placed in a clean sink, submerged with cold water. Change the water every 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 325°F/165°C.
- Remove neck and giblets from the cavity. Wash and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Place breast side up in a roasting pan, season and stuff with your favorite stuffing.
- Brush the skin with butter or oil.
- Place in the center of the rack in the oven.
- When the skin is golden brown place a foil tent over top to prevent the skin from burning.
- To ensure that the turkey is done place a meat thermometer in the thickest piece of meat which is the thickest part of the thigh. Cook until the meat thermometer reads 180°F / 82C.
- Let it stand for 20 minutes before carving.
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.