(NC)—We can all agree that nothing beats a beautiful view. No matter the size of a room or space, a view to the outside world makes the area feel more expansive and naturally open. Whether it’s a city or rural view, there are lots of ways to enhance the natural beauty of your vista. Sally Morse, director of creative services for window fashions company, Hunter Douglas, offers a few new tips to give you the vision you desire:
• Enlarge Your Windows – Many homeowners are upgrading to bigger windows or trading several small windows for one large one. Increasing the size of your windows will widen the range of your view significantly.
• Sheers – One of the most stylish and utilitarian ways to dress up your view is with window sheers. However, not all sheers offer the same visibility. For example, an irregular, undulating pattern, known as the moiré effect, can occur with some sheer window treatments. Imagine having a beautiful view, but not being able to appreciate it because your window coverings are detracting from its beauty. One solution comes from Hunter Douglas. Its Silhouette and Nantucket window shadings have an anti-moiré patent so that they provide a clear and uninterrupted view of the outside while diffusing incoming light and providing enhanced UV-protection.
• Landscaping – Many homeowners don’t give much thought to their landscaping, but a good design can add significantly to the view from the inside of your house. Start by getting your lawn in shape. A patchy lawn takes away from the home’s overall appearance.
More information is available online at www.hunterdouglas.ca.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Cooking with Cannabis – Tips & a Cheesecake Recipe - March 1, 2021
- Top 2021 Design Trends - March 1, 2021
- Decorating with Houseplants - March 1, 2021