If you or your guests are looking for gluten-free options, serve a hearty sweet potato and cranberry stuffing with your holiday feast to satisfy everyone’s appetite. This tasty stuffing will also help you stay on-budget as each serving comes in at less than two dollars.
Gluten-Free Sweet Potato & Cranberry Stuffing
• 500 g gluten-free honey garlic turkey sausages, casings removed
• 1 cup (250 mL) fresh cranberries
• 1 onion, chopped
• 2 tsp (10 mL) fresh thyme, chopped
• 2 tbsp (30 mL) balsamic vinegar
• 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon mustard
• 2 tsp (10 mL) brown sugar
• 1 cup (250 mL) gluten-free vegetable broth
• 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed; about 6 cups (1.5 L)
• 1/2 cup (125 mL) toasted walnuts, chopped
1. Heat oven to 375°F (190°C). Spray a 9×13 inch (3 L) baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Heat a large frypan over medium-high. Add sausage meat and cook breaking up meat until browned, about 7 minutes. Remove to a plate and set aside. Add cranberries, onion, and thyme to frypan and cook until onions soften, about 2 minutes. Stir in vinegar, Dijon mustard, and brown sugar, cooking until almost absorbed. Add broth, sweet potatoes, and reserved sausage, tossing to combine.
3. Spoon into baking dish. Cover with foil and bake until sweet potatoes are tender, about 50 minutes, stirring and leaving uncovered after 25 minutes. Sprinkle with walnuts.
Find more delicious holiday recipes at www.walmart.ca/recipecentre.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Small Kitchen Space? Make The Most Out Of It! - September 25, 2021
- It’s Already Nice. Why Do I Need Staging? - September 25, 2021
- Why you Should Shop for Furniture Through Higher-End Stores - September 25, 2021