Home renovations can be stressful enough and part of the reason is that they can interfere with your daily routine. From gutting your kitchen to updating your bathroom, there always seems to be too much to do and not enough time to get it all done.
Here are a few tips and tricks from the team of licensed and registered therapists at Heartsbloom that can help minimize the overwhelming feelings of stress and anxiety.
1. Acknowledge your emotions.
2. Pause with breath work (i.e. Box breathing 4x4x4x4.)
3. Reframe and regain your focus.
4. Be Patient with yourself.
5. Take a break, even if it’s 5 minutes.
6. Say no if you can’t do more and set healthy boundaries respectfully.
7. Talk to a licensed therapist if you are still feeling overwhelmed.
At Heartsbloom, we can help you through your stressful renovation by starting to process and understand your emotions in a safe and welcoming environment. – Heartsbloom, www.heartsbloom.com