Buying your first home can be an overwhelming and daunting task. Here are a few things that will help make the process easier.
- Know what you can realistically afford. Consult with a mortgage agent and get pre-qualified with a price range you can afford. This will save a lot of time in the buying process.
- Know what you need. Take inventory of your wants and basic needs for your new home. This includes: number of bedrooms, bathrooms and square footage you require.
- Have a plan! Your first home should be a stepping stone towards a larger investment down the road. Most people tend to stay at least five years in a property and life can stretch your tenure in a place.
- Conditions, conditions, and more conditions! Get a home inspection done as it can save you lots of potential stress and repair bills! With an inspection, you will get an idea of the issues that require your immediate attention and problems that may arise in the foreseeable future. Even the best real estate agent, although experienced, is not a certified and insured inspector.
- Location , location, location! Take a close look at the neighbourhood and area amenities such as the quality of schools, proximity and condition of hospitals and parks, and access to public transit or major routes.
As Seen In Canadian Home Trends Magazine Spring 2015
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- What Are Cost-Effective Ways to Raise Your Property Value? - June 10, 2023
- What to Do if Your Home Has Been Vandalized - June 10, 2023
- Signs Your Water Heater Needs Repair - June 10, 2023
Leave a Comment