Candy Cane Pavlova for Christmas. Peppermint candy cane could be the official taste of Christmas. For added whimsy, add a sprig of holly and a bow to make this dessert look like a festive wreath.
Candy Cane Pavlova
Ingredients for the Candy Cane Pavlova:
• 6 egg whites
• 1 3/4 cups (425 mL) granulated sugar
• 1 tsp (5 mL) white vinegar
• 1 tsp (5 mL) cornstarch
• 2 cups (500 mL) whipping cream
• 3 tbsp (45 mL) granulated sugar
• 1/4 tsp (1mL) peppermint extract (optional)
• 12 to 15 mini candy canes (about 100 g)
• Dark chocolate curls
Directions for the Candy Cane Pavlova:
1. Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Trace a 10 inch (25 cm) circle with a marker on the parchment, then add a 4 inch (10 cm) inner circle. When marker dries, flip it over so that the marked side is facing down.
2. Whisk egg whites using an electric mixer until foamy. With the mixer running, gradually add sugar. Increase speed to high and whisk until egg whites are glossy, thick, and hold stiff peaks; about 4 to 7 minutes. Stir vinegar with cornstarch until smooth. Whisk into egg whites.
3. Spoon mixture onto the prepared sheet following the marker lines to create a wreath. Use the back of a large spoon to create indentations for the whipped cream.
4. Place pan in the oven and reduce temperature to 250°F (120°C). Bake 90 minutes or until meringue is golden and cooked through. Let cool completely.
5. Using an electric mixer on high, whip cream with sugar and peppermint until it forms soft peaks. Spoon into indentations in the meringue. Roughly crack 4 candy canes into large pieces and sprinkle over whipped cream, then place 8 whole ones evenly apart so each serving gets a candy cane.
Find more delicious holiday recipes at www.walmart.ca/recipecentre.
For more holiday entertaining ideas click here.
For more unique items for your home, click shopCHT.com.
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.