Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms
The larger mushrooms make an excellent vegetable accompaniment for dinner or use smaller mushrooms for appetizers.
- 8 large jumbo or stuffer fresh Mushrooms
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) fresh bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) shredded Swiss or old Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup (125 mL) chopped, well drained, cooked spinach*
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) crisp cooked bacon bits or diced sundried tomatoes
- 2 finely minced, cloves garlic
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dried basil
- ¼ tsp (2 mL) salt
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) grated Parmesan cheese
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms and finely chop. In a medium bowl, combine chopped stems, bread crumbs, Swiss cheese, spinach, bacon, garlic, basil, salt and mayonnaise; mix well. Brush oil on outside of mushroom caps. Spoon filling evenly into caps, mounding as necessary and place in shallow baking pan. Sprinkle Parmesan on top. Bake in 425°F (220°C) oven for 15-20 minutes or until mushrooms are heated through.
- *Use frozen, thawed chopped spinach or cook fresh in microwave; be sure to press out the moisture.
Tip: Mushrooms could be cooked on a rack or in a pan on the barbecue. Variation: Substitute about 16-20 large mushrooms for jumbos or stuffers. More delicious recipe ideas are available online at www.mushrooms.ca.
Recipe Courtesy of CanadianHomeTrends.com
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- 5 House Plants That Thrive in Low-Light - March 31, 2023
- Six Key Benefits of Using a Waterproof Coating for Parking Lots - March 31, 2023
- Home Renos and Stress - March 31, 2023
Leave a Comment