On June 21st, The Home Depot Canada is encouraging you to take your Father’s Day celebrations to the next level with today’s top grilling tools and gadgets. Plus, you might be able to teach your dad a thing or two with the handy tips and tasty recipes below.
“We’ve been cooking at home more than ever before, and grilling is a great way to get that one-of-a-kind flavor while enjoying the outdoors,” says Dara Greenberg, BBQ expert at The Home Depot Canada. “This Father’s Day, add a new BBQ tool to your dad’s collection or try out a new recipe, like fire-grilled fruit, pies and flatbreads.”
Spending Father’s Day apart this year? Send the gift of sizzling summer accessories.
Or, if you’re staying home with Dad this Father’s Day, try one of these mouthwatering recipes.
Need a few pointers for the perfect Father’s Day dinner? Greenberg, a senior BBQ merchant, shares her top grilling tips:
- Be prepared – If your grill uses propane, always have an extra tank so you don’t run out mid-grill.
- Prep and prime – Prior to heating your grill, scrape away any debris from your last cook. Then, season the grates with high heat cooking oil to prevent sticking. Remember, a little goes a long way!
- Warm it up – Always pre-heat your grill 15 minutes prior to putting food on it. This gives your food aesthetically pleasing grill lines and prevents sticking.
- Let it be – Once on the grill, leave your food alone and keep the lid shut. Try not to move it around – food only needs to be flipped once!
- Worth the wait – When your food is done cooking, let it rest for five minutes before cutting into it. The wait gives your food time to lock in its juices.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Remote Schooling: Creating a Dedicated eLearning Space - September 16, 2021
- Create a Guest Bathroom for Outdoor Entertaining - September 16, 2021
- Educational Travel Ideas for Families - September 16, 2021