(NC)—What’s the secret to a wonderfully painted room? Here’s a hint: it’s not the paint. A professional-looking paint job begins with a good painting tape. Not all tapes are created equal however, professionals say. . To ensure maximum protection for baseboards, trim and doorways or to create sharp lines and a clean, smooth finish, make sure to use the right tape for the job.
Since tape is designed for use on different substrates, reduce the guesswork and use one that’s designed for multiple surfaces, like a popular brand called Painter’s Mate Green tape. . It’s made from premium paper and backed with a one-of-a-kind adhesive that creates a tight seal on a variety of surfaces.
Even though taping may seem time-consuming, it’s an important step in the painting process and is critical for protecting your surface. Here are a few tips to make the job easier:
• After selecting the right painting tape for the project, apply the it in individual, one-foot sections instead of a long strip. When applied in one long strip, the tape stretches and won’t lay flat or stick properly, resulting in paint bleeding underneath.
• When you lay the tape down, be sure to burnish it to ensure a tight bond to the surface. You can easily do this with a putty knife, 5-in-1 tool or credit card.
• Although many tapes can remain on the painting surface for more than a week, the best results come from removing the tape immediately after you are finished painting. This prevents paint from bridging over the tape and tearing during removal.
• To remove, slowly pull the tape off at a 135-degree angle toward yourself as soon as you’re done painting.
• Remember – a thorough taping job will make the final results look crisper and like it was done by a pro. More information is available online at www.PaintersMateGreen.com.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Factors to Consider When Looking to Purchase a House - October 24, 2021
- Corn Fritters With Avocado Crema - October 24, 2021
- Tips For Living A Healthier Lifestyle - October 19, 2021