Long, sunny, summer days and warm sultry nights are why Canadians love their patios. It is the perfect place for a casual get together with family or an elegant evening with friends. Even better, it is also easy to create a perfect patio-party space, one that reflects your personality as well as the way you want to entertain.
Begin by considering how you want to spend your outdoor patio time. Do you like cooking there, entertaining, or simply kicking back? Then pick one of the top three trends to build your personalized patio-party:
1. Transitional. If you mix up your al fresco fun with casual and more formal entertaining, then patio sets that combine traditional and contemporary accents to create a modern and versatile feel are the perfect choice. Transitional sets come in a variety of materials including aluminum, fabric, and wood. Hot this year is aluminum, with a no-rusting guarantee for those who like to leave furniture outdoors for the season. When it comes to fabrics, look for materials that can easily be washed and are able to withstand the wear and tear of summer weather.
2. Over-sized. Is your favourite seat in the house a big comfy overstuffed chair? Then you will love this season’s over-sized patio sets. Comfy and classic pieces, including large couches, deep seating and bistro sets are a popular buy. For bigger yards, large sets that encourage conversation and lounging are perfect for long summer days that last into the night. Traditional, more formal dining sets are easing into more plush patio sets. Cushions in on-trend geometric patterns or stripes are a great way to accessorize to give your patio more personality. For smaller spaces, oversized bistro sets can be easily moved around to accommodate your space and storage options.
3. Customizable. Your patio is an extension of your home – and it’s easy, says Sears Canada, to customize your patio to match your lifestyle. Mix and match a wide variety of colours and patterns with multiple sectionals to create your special summer space.
With your perfect patio in place, just kick back in the sunshine and let the lemonade flow.
More information is available at www.sears.ca/patio.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- 5 House Plants That Thrive in Low-Light - March 29, 2023
- Six Key Benefits of Using a Waterproof Coating for Parking Lots - March 29, 2023
- Home Renos and Stress - March 29, 2023
Leave a Comment