1. If you have the space, add a chair or stool. A seating area in a bathroom screams luxury. To achieve this look, try placing a white stool in a corner with towels nicely arranged on top. This small touch will have you will feeling like a guest at a high-end hotel.
2. Put away your personal items, with a few exceptions! A bathroom needs to be functional but it also needs to be a relaxing. Put away the clutter of everyday life to help ease the early morning transition into the day. A few beautiful bottles, towels or toiletries stacked in a nice tray will make a space seem polished and elegant – just no tubes of toothpaste!
3. Consider wallpaper. The bathroom is a great place to doing something dramatic, especially a powder room. Guests will love stepping into a fun or fancy room unexpectedly. This is a great space to play with creativity and it will really get people talking.
4. Get creative with the lighting. If you are able to have sconces or pendants in the bathroom, have some fun with it. A chandelier above a tub or matching sconces beside a mirror will add a beautiful touch to a space. These little details are what take a bathroom up a notch.
5. Take tile from floor to ceiling. Nothing says luxury like floor to ceiling tile. A great designer will help you decide on patterns and shapes. It can be tough to execute but when it’s done right, it is the ultimate in high-end design.
6. A large mirror makes a statement. Mirrors add light and space to a room. A large, strategically placed mirror can alter the whole space and make a major difference in style and sophistication.
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know if you have any other great tips for adding luxury to your bathroom.
Latest posts by Negar Reihani (see all)
- Negar Reihani’s Casual Contemporary Sitting Room Design Board - December 13, 2017
- Negar Reihani’s Dramatic Yet Elegant Blue & Gold Office Design Board - August 7, 2017
- How-to Create a Hotel Chic Bathroom - May 10, 2017