Canadian asparagus is in season in the early summer – perfect for pairing with bacon and eggs in this frittata.
- 8 eggs
- 2.5 mL (1/2 tsp) salt
- 1 mL (1/4 tsp) hot red chili flakes
- 4 bacon slices, chopped
- 6 asparagus spears, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Whisk eggs with salt and hot red chili flakes in a bowl.
- Cook bacon slices in a medium skillet over medium until crisp. Transfer to a plate. Discard fat, leaving 15 mL (1 tbsp) in pan.
- Add asparagus spears and sauté until almost tender.
- Pour egg mixture into pan and sprinkle with bacon. Reduce heat to low and cover with foil.
- Cook until frittata is set, 8 to 10 minutes. Cut into wedges.
Recipe courtesy of Walmart Live Better.
For more summertime recipes or inspiration on how to incorporate fresh produce like asparagus into mealtime, head to www.walmart.ca/recipecentre. You can find fresh regional produce throughout the summer at Walmart.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- 4 Ways to Add Character to a Monochromatic Kitchen - May 25, 2018
- Ask an Expert: Refacing VS Refinishing a Kitchen - May 25, 2018
- Ask an Expert: Light, Airy & Interesting Kitchens - May 25, 2018