Canadian asparagus is in season in the early summer – perfect for pairing with bacon and eggs in this frittata.
- 8 eggs
- 2.5 mL (1/2 tsp) salt
- 1 mL (1/4 tsp) hot red chili flakes
- 4 bacon slices, chopped
- 6 asparagus spears, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Whisk eggs with salt and hot red chili flakes in a bowl.
- Cook bacon slices in a medium skillet over medium until crisp. Transfer to a plate. Discard fat, leaving 15 mL (1 tbsp) in pan.
- Add asparagus spears and sauté until almost tender.
- Pour egg mixture into pan and sprinkle with bacon. Reduce heat to low and cover with foil.
- Cook until frittata is set, 8 to 10 minutes. Cut into wedges.
Recipe courtesy of Walmart Live Better.
For more summertime recipes or inspiration on how to incorporate fresh produce like asparagus into mealtime, head to www.walmart.ca/recipecentre. You can find fresh regional produce throughout the summer at Walmart.
Recipe Courtesy of CanadianHomeTrends.com
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- What Are Cost-Effective Ways to Raise Your Property Value? - June 10, 2023
- What to Do if Your Home Has Been Vandalized - June 10, 2023
- Signs Your Water Heater Needs Repair - June 10, 2023
Leave a Comment