This healthy salad can be packed for a quick work lunch or a weekend picnic. Loaded with veggies, quinoa, grilled chicken and leafy greens, this fresh and delicious meal is full of vitamins and protein. Perfectly layered in a Mason jar, your lettuce and vegetables will remain nice and crisp until you're ready to dig in. Once you've mastered this recipe, mix and match your favourite vegetables, proteins and greens to make any salad you want. They are easy to assemble and can be stored in the fridge for up to five days.
- 2⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Button mushrooms
- Cooked quinoa
- Blanched asparagus
- Grilled chicken
- Chopped tomatoes
- Chopped bell peppers
- Mâche greens or leaf lettuce
- Whisk 2⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil with 1/4 cup orange juice, 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar, 1 tbsp Dijon mustard and 1/8 tsp salt. Set aside.
- Layer a Mason jar with button mushrooms, quinoa, asparagus, chicken, tomatoes and peppers. Top with leaf lettuce. Drizzle with dressing, put on lid and shake before serving.
Find more healthy dinner recipes and ideas online at walmart.ca/discoverfresh.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Ultimate Design Challenge: Vote for a Chance to Win! - November 16, 2018
- Jacklynn’s Contemporary Living Room Design Board - November 16, 2018
- Yvonne’s Cheerful Bedroom Design Board - November 16, 2018