Berry Sorbet with Mixed Spices
- 1/2 ounce (14 g) fresh ginger, peeled
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) cold water
- 1/2 cup (100 g) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (150 g) frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 1 cup (140 g) frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 1 cup (140 g) frozen unsweetened blackberries
- 1 cup (140 g) frozen unsweetened red raspberries
- 2 cups (300 g) frozen pitted Bing cherries
- 1/2 cup (13 g) fresh mint leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Partially thaw frozen berries and cherries for 20 minutes; set aside.
- Place ginger, water, and sugar into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Switch machine to Start and slowly increase speed to Variable 8. Blend for 20 seconds, until ginger is finely chopped. Stop machine and remove lid. Add berries and cherries, mint, cloves, allspice, nutmeg, cinnamon, and vanilla to the container with ginger mixture and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Switch machine to Start and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, using the tamper to press the ingredients into the blades. In about 25 to 30 seconds, the sound of the motor will change and four mounds should form.
- Stop machine. Do not over-mix, or melting will occur. Serve immediately.
Per 1/2 cup (120 ml) serving: Calories: 107, Total Fat: 1 g, Saturated Fat: 0 g, Protein: 1 g, Fibre: 3 g, Carbohydrates: 26 g, Sodium: 2 mg, Cholesterol: 0 mg
Recipe Courtesy of CanadianHomeTrends.com
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Designer Kitchen Renovation: At the Heart of It All - May 18, 2018
- Laid Back Kitchen Makeover - May 18, 2018
- Expert Advice: Kitchen Budget Priorities - May 18, 2018