Bring cauliflower from white tablecloth restaurants to your decorated table this holiday season. This rich comfort dish is perfect for entertaining and you can find all the ingredients you’ll need to make it at your local Walmart Supercentre.
• 1 large cauliflower, cut into florets (about 8 cups)
• 1/4 cup plus 1 tbsp (75 mL) butter, divided
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/4 cup (60 mL) flour
• 1 tsp (5 mL) mustard powder
• 2 cups (500 mL) milk
• 1 cup (250 mL) Swiss cheese, grated
• 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
• Pepper to taste
• 1/3 cup (80 mL) panko breadcrumbs
• 1/4 cup (60 mL) Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. Boil cauliflower in a large pot of salted water until tender-crisp, about 5 to 6 minutes. Drain and set aside.
3. Melt 1/4 cup (60mL) butter in skillet over medium. Add garlic and cook 2 minutes. Whisk in flour and mustard powder and cook 1 minute. Whisk in milk and cook until thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in cheese and salt and cook until melted, about 1 minute. Season with fresh pepper. Add cauliflower and toss to coat.
4. Pour skillet contents into 2 L baking dish and bake, covered, until the cheese mixture is bubbling at the sides of the dish; about 40 minutes.
5. Stir remaining butter with bread crumbs and Parmesan. Sprinkle mixture over cauliflower and broil until golden, about 2 minutes.
Find more delicious Christmas recipes at www.walmart.ca/recipecentre.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Getting Ready for IDS19 - January 14, 2019
- Furniture Staging Tips - January 14, 2019
- Design Trends and Real Estate: What You Need to Know - January 14, 2019