What do you get when you combine a spring roll with a mozzarella stick? These cheesy jalapeño wonton rolls! With a crisp wrapper and ooey-gooey cheese, these are sure to please everyone young and old alike. For adult palates, substitute green onions with finely chopped cilantro and serve with sesame oil or Sriracha sauce to dip.
- 12 store-bought wonton wrappers
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) water
- 6 Armstrong Monterey Jack with Jalapeño cheese snacks, halved
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sesame seeds
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) plum sauce, for dipping
- On a clean surface, arrange wonton wrappers to resemble diamonds. In a small bowl, beat egg with water. Using a pastry brush, add egg wash to wrapper edges.
- Place one piece of cheese horizontally in the centre of each wonton wrapper. Top with green onions. Fold left and right sides of the wrapper over the filling. Fold bottom and roll into a cylinder, pressing slightly to adhere.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, turning occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to absorb oil.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with plum sauce.
Find more recipe ideas at www.armstrongcheese.ca.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Ultimate Design Challenge: Vote for a Chance to Win! - November 16, 2018
- Jacklynn’s Contemporary Living Room Design Board - November 16, 2018
- Yvonne’s Cheerful Bedroom Design Board - November 16, 2018