Chef Massimo’s Salad & Buttermilk Dressing
- 1 pack artisan lettuce mix, cut, washed and dried
- 8 asparagus, shaved with a potato peeler
- 1 cup fiddleheads, blanched
- ½ cup green peas, blanched
- ½ bunch green onions, chopped
- 4 radishes, sliced thin
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 small red onion, julienne
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- chives, chopped
- salt and pepper to
- Mix all the ingredients together, and taste for correct seasoning.
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix well, add the dressing, and toss until all the leaves are coated.
- Carefully place on serving plates making sure to divide all the ingredients equally.
- A nice finishing touch would be to drizzle some extra virgin olive oil over the plated salads. Adding toasted slivered walnuts will also give an extra pleasant crunch to the dish.
Recipe Courtesy of CanadianHomeTrends.com
The following two tabs change content below.
Massimo Capra has been on The Food Network many times with successful shows like Restaurant Makeover. He has a regular spot on CityTV’s Cityline, is a national column writer and author of two best selling cookbooks. He is now the host of his own destination cooking show called Gourmet Escapes. He is co-owner/executive of Mistura and also brings his passion for great gourmet food at affordable prices to Canada’s busiest airport, Pearson International (Toronto), with the opening of Boccone Trattoria Veloce and Boccone Pronto.