Chef Massimo’s Mozzarella Spring Rolls
- 1 pkg spring roll wrappers
- ½ cup sun-dried tomato paste, drained of oil
- 24 strips pickled peppers
- 24 prosciutto slices, very thin
- 24 pcs fresh mozzarella cheese cut into 3 ½ inch logs ½ inch thick
- 24 basil leaves
- black pepper to taste
- vegetable oil for frying
- Lay the spring roll wrap.
- Add a slice of prosciutto in the center.
- Spread some sun-dried tomato paste on it.
- Place a piece or two of pickled peppers and a log of mozzarella on it.
- Wrap it like a spring roll.
- Seal the edges with a brushing of water.
- Deep-fry at 360°F until golden crisp.
- Cut in half and serve with your choice of dipping sauce.
Photography by Stephani Buchman
Recipe Courtesy of CanadianHomeTrends.com
The following two tabs change content below.
Massimo Capra has been on The Food Network many times with successful shows like Restaurant Makeover. He has a regular spot on CityTV’s Cityline, is a national column writer and author of two best selling cookbooks. He is now the host of his own destination cooking show called Gourmet Escapes. He is co-owner/executive of Mistura and also brings his passion for great gourmet food at affordable prices to Canada’s busiest airport, Pearson International (Toronto), with the opening of Boccone Trattoria Veloce and Boccone Pronto.