Chewy popcorn bars
A high-fiber healthy treat! Mix it up and try other dried fruits and nuts for endless delicious combinations.
- 8 cups popped Orville Redenbacher’s® Pop Corn
- 2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins or dried sweetened cranberries
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Pop corn according to directions on package (yield about 8 cups). Remove all unpopped kernels.
- Spray 13 x 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Pour popped corn into pan; top with oats, cranberries, and peanuts.
- Combine brown sugar and honey in medium saucepan. Cook on medium-high heat for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until mixture comes to full boil and sugar is dissolved. Pour syrup over popcorn mixture. Carefully toss using two large spoons until mixture is evenly coated with syrup.
- Bake 20 minutes stirring once midway through baking. Remove from oven; lightly press popcorn evenly in pan. Cool on rack about 2 hours or until set. Cut into 24 bars.
- Store leftovers in tightly sealed container.
Recipe Courtesy of CanadianHomeTrends.com
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.