Vegetarian food is more than just salad. Great vegetarian dishes can be savoury, sweet or even spicy. For your next vegetarian nosh, take inspiration from the East and experiment with easy curries for a dish that will even please meat lovers.
Remember, simmering is key when it comes to creating a great curry dish. Allowing the spices to infuse all of the ingredients in the dish creates an extra dimension of flavour.
For best results, simmer your meal to perfection slowly without having to watch the stove with a Crock-Pot branded slow cooker The only thing you'll need to do is pick up enough Naan bread to accompany the dish.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 tbsp Patak's Original Tikka Cooking Paste
- 1 tbsp Patak's Original Madras Curry Paste
- 1 can (540 mL) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (540 mL) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Patak's Naan Bread
- In a medium non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Transfer to Crock-Pot and add the cooking sauce, curry paste tomatoes, chickpeas, sugar and water; stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on High for 1 ½ to 2 hours or on Low for 3 to 4 hours until hot and bubbling.
- Serve garnished with cilantro and warm Naan bread.
More family recipes and product information can be found online at crock-pot.ca.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Ultimate Design Challenge: Vote for a Chance to Win! - November 16, 2018
- Jacklynn’s Contemporary Living Room Design Board - November 16, 2018
- Yvonne’s Cheerful Bedroom Design Board - November 16, 2018