The truffle has come a long way since the 1920s. Legend says it was created by a pot of hot cream accidentally poured into a bowl of chocolate chunks. This delicious chocolate and cream mixture, known as ganache, formed the centre of the original cocoa encrusted chocolate truffle.
Today, a variety of tasty truffle fillings offer a perfect match for any taste bud. Take a look at this new Cookie Dough Truffle recipe. It puts a delicious twist on the traditional, and surely smiles on cookie dough lovers from coast-to-coast. Featured in the Robin Hood 30th anniversary holiday recipe collection, this easy-to-make treat will win over the entire family:
- ½ cup (125 mL) butter, softened
- ¾ cup (175 mL) brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp (5 mL) pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups (300 mL) graham cracker crumbs
- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) Robin Hood oats
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1 can (300 mL) Eagle Brand regular or low fat sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup (250 mL) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 ½ lbs (680 g) milk, white or dark chocolate, melted
- First, line baking sheets with parchment paper. Then, in a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together using an electric mixer until the mixture is light and fluffy, for about 1-2 minutes. Stir in the vanilla and then mix in the graham cracker crumbs, oats and salt. Once it's all combined, add in the sweetened condensed milk, mixing well. Next, stir in the chocolate chips and then freeze the dough for 30 minutes, or until firm. When ready, roll the dough into 1” (2.5 cm) balls and freeze these for 30 minutes, or until firm. Dip cookie dough balls into melted chocolate to cover, allowing excess chocolate to drip off. Return to baking sheet and chill in refrigerator or freezer until set. Serve cold.
Additional holiday recipes and baking tips are available online at www.robinhood.ca.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Yummy Christmas Mocktails Perfect for Christmas Dinner - November 12, 2018
- Candy Cane Pavlova - November 12, 2018
- Designer Space: Christmas Treasure Box - November 12, 2018