Sweet Potato Brownies
- 1 cup Granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup All-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Cocoa, sifted if lumpy
- 1/2 cup Whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 2 Semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- (1 oz. each), chopped
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 cup Mashed orange-fleshed sweet potato (about 3/4 lb., uncooked)
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk (or soured milk)
- 1/4 cup Cooking oil
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. Ground cinnamon
- 2 cups Miniature marshmallows
- 1/3 cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Combine first 6 ingredients in medium bowl.
- Make a well in centre.
- Microwave chocolate in small microwavesafe bowl on Medium for about 90 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds until almost melted. Stir until smooth.
- Put next 6 ingredients into blender or food processor. Add chocolate. Process until smooth. Add to well. Stir until just combined.
- Spread in greased 9 x 9 inch (23 x 23 cm) pan. Bake in 350°F (175°C) oven for about 35 minutes until wooden pick inserted in centre comes out moist but not wet with batter. Do not over bake.
- Scatter marshmallows and chocolate chips over top. Broil on centre rack in oven for 1 to 2 minutes until golden. Let stand in pan on wire rack until cool
Recipes reprinted from Company’s Coming Publishing Limited - As seen in Canadian Home Trends Magazine Fall 2013 Digital Edition
Recipe Courtesy of CanadianHomeTrends.com
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.