“There are so many fresh design ideas that can be used to get a breezy cottage, country look,” says Karen Sealy, owner of Sealy Design Inc. and also the host and designer of HGTV’s Summer Home Season 1. “Scouting flea markets and thrift stores while relying on do-it-yourself craftiness can help you achieve the interior and exterior spaces you’ve been dreaming of.”
Consider these tips to make the outside of your summer home as charming as the inside:
• Give your deck, dock or shutters a facelift by throwing on a fresh coat of paint or stain. Consider using vibrant colours for a punch of fun that might not work as well in the city.
• Install an outdoor change room complete with shower. See ideas at deltafaucet.ca. One standout for the shower is a two-in-one showerhead and handshower called Delta In2ition. Wash away sand and sunscreen from the day’s adventure before entering the cottage.
• For waterfront cottages, revitalize the shoreline by installing a new dock or clearing the shoreline of branches and other debris that take away from the view.
• Construct a fire pit for flame-cooked meals and starlit campfires (check local zoning).
• Reupholster furniture in outdoor fabric to lend freshness to lounge space.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- 5 House Plants That Thrive in Low-Light - March 20, 2023
- Six Key Benefits of Using a Waterproof Coating for Parking Lots - March 20, 2023
- Home Renos and Stress - March 20, 2023
Leave a Comment