Craving something sweet and salty? These tasty popcorn squares are the perfect treat and great for snacking on during movies or serving at your next get-together. Indulge your sweet tooth using Orville Redenbacher Buttery microwaveable popcorn as a base, now made without any artificial colours, flavours or preservatives.
Crispy Peanut Butter Chocolate Popcorn Squares
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 bag (82 g) Orville Redenbacher gourmet buttery microwaveable popcorn
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter or margarine
- 1 pkg. (10 oz) large marshmallows
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk chocolate chips
- Spray 13×9” (3L) glass baking dish and wooden spoon with cooking spray; set aside.
- Prepare popcorn according to package directions. Remove all un-popped kernels. Place popped corn in large bowl.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add marshmallows. Heat 5 minutes or until marshmallows melt, stirring frequently.
- Add peanut butter and peanuts; stir until well combined.
- Pour over popcorn; mix well with greased wooden spoon.
- Place popcorn mixture in greased glass dish and press evenly using back of spoon.
- Sprinkle chocolate morsels evenly over popcorn mixture.
- Microwave on high 1 minute or until chocolate begins to melt.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until chocolate is set. Cut into 18 squares with serrated knife. Store in tightly sealed container up to three days.
Photo credit: Shutterstock.
Canadian Home Trends
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Designer Kitchen Renovation: At the Heart of It All - May 18, 2018
- Laid Back Kitchen Makeover - May 18, 2018
- Expert Advice: Kitchen Budget Priorities - May 18, 2018