Creating Curb Appeal: One can never underestimate the importance of a good first impression. The exterior of your house is the first look that anyone will have of your home so it is important to make sure that the design packs a powerful punch. Fast-paced city living is all about keeping things functional but served with a generous helping of urban chic.
A crisp siding colour (General Paint’s Windblown -CL3182W) provides a contrast with the Apex windows from All Weather Windows in Pebble. I chose the Pebble colour from the new Renolit EXOFOL-FX colour collection for a long-lasting, durable punch of colour. This new colour technology creates a bold, durable colour that will hold up to harsh Canadian weather for years to come.
Grounding the look is a black front door from All Weather Windows flanked by two large architectural planters with a bright fuchsia flower arrangement. I chose cedar shingles from Lowes that will develop a beautiful gray patina as they weather the years. West Elm outdoor pillows with a striking design bring elegance to the overall look, as do the burnished hardware of the door knocker and lantern light fixture. If there is the space, add a piece of wrought iron furniture to give a classic edge to your home’s curb appeal.
- Apex windows with Renolit EXOFOL-FX colour technology from All Weather Windows
- All Weather Windows door (MHD-215-328-2) and Sidelites (MHDSL-152-328-X)
- Troy Three-Light English Bronze Lantern from Sescolite
- Mayne Fairfield Tall Planter from Lowes
- House Numbers from Restoration Hardware
- Gibraltar Industries Mailbox from Lowes
- Korhani Gray Weave Door Mat from Lowes
- Breeze Armchair from DOT Furniture
- Bubble Ceramic Side Table from West Elm
- Crewel Key Pillow Cover from West Elm
- Global Rubbed Bronze Door Knocker from Home Depot
- Paradise Solar Lights from Lowes
- General Paint Colour Scheme: Mascara – CL 3207N, Pebble Stone – CL 3194M, Windblown – CL 3182W
Latest posts by Kim Bartley (see all)
- Kim’s Sophisticated Bathroom Design Board - August 10, 2018
- Kim, Fix My House: Creating a Stylish Bathroom on a Budget - July 12, 2018
- Kim, Fix My House: Stylish Small Space Hacks - March 19, 2018