As seen in Canadian Home Trends Magazine, Fall 2013
Classic StylingThe homeowner, a young Vancouver real estate developer, purchased a lot to build a family home in the South Surrey area, a suburb of Vancouver, B.C.
Storage to hide clutter was his primary mandate. He loved reading books, and as such, wanted a multitude of built-in bookshelves to store his precious collection. With his wife and young son home during the day, and his daughter in elementary school, his home needed to be family-friendly. It also needed to be a relaxing sanctuary – a calming place to come home to after a chaotic day at the office. For weekend use, it also needed to be a great house for entertaining guests.
Text by Tara Wells, Photography by Dave Delnea
- Millwork and Custom Upholstered Furnishings, Calibri Design, www.calibridesign.com;
- Coffee Table, Dining Table, Bedside Tables, Bayside Furniture, www.baysidefurniture.com;
- Dining Chairs, Cherner Furniture, www.chernerchair.com;
- Bookcases and End Tables in Media Room, Ikea, www.ikea.ca;
- Eames Chair, Herman Mille, www.hermanmiller.com;
- Artwork Prints, Hambleton’s Fine Art, www.fineartservices.com;
- Artwork 3D, Moe’s, www.moeshome.com;
- Lighting Pendants, Lightform, www.lightform.ca;
- Bar Stools, Home Delights, www.homedelight.ca;
- RedDesk Organizer, Inform, www.informinteriors.com;
- Pocket Wallpaper, Mint Interiors, shop.mintinteriors.ca;
- Designed by, Portico Design Group Ltd., www.porticodesign.com
The following two tabs change content below.
Canadian Home Trends
Canadian Home Trends magazine gives you a personal tour of the most stunning homes and condos across Canada. You'll be inspired by a selection of accessible home décor products, trend reports, simple yet stylish DIY projects, and much more. In each issue, you are given the tools to recreate designer spaces you've always dreamt of having at home, in-depth renovation and design advice, colour palette and furniture pairings, and Canada's best places to shop.
Latest posts by Canadian Home Trends (see all)
- Jo Alcorn’s Trends 2 Watch: Bathrooms - January 10, 2018
- Expert Advice: Getting the Best Bang for Your Bathroom Renovation Buck - January 10, 2018
- Accessing Your Home Equity: Remortgaging vs Home Equity Loans - January 2, 2018