The Designer: Kim Bartley, Principal Designer of Kim Bartley Design, has worked on various projects in the Toronto and Vancouver markets.
The Challenge: Create a sitting area inspired by the Schonbek Bagatelle Pendant from Robinson Lighting & Bath Centre.
The Look: To recreate this look, start with a dark grey backdrop to allow the abstract artwork to stand out. Complement the dark accent wall with modern furniture pieces in a similar tone. Add a dresser that doubles as a credenza with accents in moody blues. Choose a patterned area rug and a sparkly chandelier to help create a fresh, modern space.
Get The Look:
- Paint the walls in Benjamin Moore’s Stonington Gray (HC-170) and Wrought Iron (2124-10).
- Hang the Schonbek Bagatelle Pendant from Robinson Lighting & Bath Centre.
- Place an area rug from The Goods.
- Bring in colour with an abstract painting from Ursula Abresch.
- Soften the look with plants from Pottery Barn.
- Add chairs, a credenza and a side table from The Goods.
- Add a knitted graphite pouf from CB2.
- Add an accent pillow from West Elm.
- Finish with accessories from IKEA.
Latest posts by Kim Bartley (see all)
- Kim, Fix My House: Creating a Wine Cellar - October 12, 2018
- Kim’s Sophisticated Bathroom Design Board - August 10, 2018
- Kim, Fix My House: Creating a Stylish Bathroom on a Budget - July 12, 2018