Spook up your front porch and greet guests with ghoulishly easy decoupage pumpkins from our DIy Editor, Nicholas Rosaci – no knives or scooping required.
- Pumpkins, real or faux, various sizes
- Spray paint – Matt Black, White and / or specialty colour of your choice
- Inexpensive paint or foam brush to apply Mod Podge
- Mod Podge or pre mixed wallpaper paste
- Graphic black and white imagery sourced from the Internet and printed on your inkjet printer. I used freaky faces of Halloween legends but this project also looks fierce covered in creepy bug and insect images!
- Place pumpkins on drop cloth and spray paint white and/or black.
- Apply Mod Podge to center of pumpkin and overlay your image on top. Next brush on a 2nd coat of Mod Podge over the printed image. Note: The more you brush the more the ink may smear so be minimal with your brushing technique & work quickly. Remove any air bubbles by lightly poking the picture with a sewing needle.
- When pumpkins are dry, coat generously with another coating of the Mod Podge.
- Optional- To create a bloodied effect glue a red crayon or two to the top of the pumpkin using a glue gun and use your hair dryer to melt the crayon down the pumpkin!
- Optional: Use pushpins and/or glue to attach jeweled spiders and other Halloween ornaments as desired.
Latest posts by Nicholas Rosaci (see all)
- A Glamorous Office Design from our DIY Editor - October 19, 2020
- Nicholas Rosaci’s Modern Canadian Cottage Design Board - October 19, 2020
- How Do You Make An Easter Special? - October 19, 2020