Design and Event Editor Evelyn Eshun creates two stunning looks using rugs from Thirty Six Knots as artwork! Hanging a rug as an art piece creates a unique artistic touch and helps to absorb sound as well!
This look is inspired by the natural and organic feel of the rug we hung on the wall in place of artwork. The look is timeless, classic and has texture, pattern and plenty of organic inspired touches.
I loved the depth and glamour of the NYC rug from the City Lights collection. Used as artwork in this space, it creates a bold and dramatic sophisticated look that pairs well with structural accessories and a few pops of color.
All In The Details
- A bar cart works as a functional piece that can also be used for decorative purposes. A real monster leaf is the perfect accent for this monochromatic space.
- These hanging fixtures are handcrafted out of corrugated paper and look like a hive. I love the soft and natural look they provide. We used a single pendant over the chair but you could pair different shapes and sizes to create the layered effect shown here as well.
- This stunning side table is made from blackened steel and reclaimed heart of pine. It has personality and artistic expression. The pattern and texture created by nature is beautiful and timeless.
- The casual texture of the throw and pillow make this scene feel approachable and comfortable. I chose the pillow because it reminded me of the way a city is divided into boroughs.
Rugs, Furniture and Accessories, Thirty Six Knots
This Lincoln Lounge Chair is a stunning combination of walnut and white leather. The mid-century inspired style makes this piece a timeless classic. After all, the mid-century style has been going strong for over fifty years and continues to be a popular choice for modern interiors. Walnut is an elegant and sophisticated wood choice, adding a natural touch to our organic look and bringing warmth into the bold design of our City Lights look. – Thirty Six Knots, www.thirtysixknots.com
Latest posts by Evelyn Eshun (see all)
- Travel Bucket List - August 8, 2019
- Evelyn’s Double Take: City Lights vs Natural Touch - July 19, 2019
- The Perfect Balance - May 30, 2019