Designer Evelyn Eshun shows us two different Holiday looks using the same table.
Laid-back Luxe VS Uptown Glam
Laid-back Luxe: This West Coast inspired look offers simple, laid-back luxury using everyday décor items and a touch of Holiday sparkle. A mahogany dining table has an elegant silhouette with a muted elegant style that creates a statement.
Uptown Glam: This eclectic yet glamorous look could easily be found in an upscale neighborhood in a bustling city like Toronto, New York or London. Velvet chairs with studded detailing offer a stylish dressmaker’s detail to the dining room. The accent pillows add luxurious texture and sparkle.
Lighting: This island pendant light fixture features contemporary clean lines in a classic, traditional shape. It blends form and function for a timeless look that works with many different styles, while remaining a stunning statement piece. – Polished Nickel Linear Cage Pendant, Union Lighting and Furnishings
1. When choosing tableware, you don’t always need a matching set. We created a unique look by mixing and matching glasses that offer similar details. We used four different sets, each featuring crystal or glass with gold detailing.
2. To create interest and drama, we layered place mats with a variety of colors and textures. A selection of traditional colors and metals in contemporary shapes create an eclectic yet glamorous look that could easily be found in an upscale neighborhood in a bustling city like Toronto, New York or London.
3. We chose a color palette that combined red with gold metals to add glamor and a luxurious touch to the dining table. You could customize this look by combining a metallic with a jewel-tone color that works with your existing décor.
4. This look is all about simple luxury. A few details is all it takes to turn this laid-back, West Coast inspired look from everyday to Holiday. Real or faux spruce garland draped across the table adds an instant Holiday feel. Add a few Holiday treats to each plate and you have a festive look with minimal effort.
5. To continue with the laid-back look, we gave the room a Holiday feel by adding just a few Holiday touches to the existing décor. A humble twig wreath spray-painted in silver creates an art piece that could be used all year long. Adding a few Holiday pieces like a metallic deer and a few Holiday ornaments to the existing décor on the buffet gave this look a festive touch in just a few minutes.
6. Slipcover chairs made of linen or textured cotton are the perfect choice for a more casual feel. We draped a cozy blanket over the chair for added texture.
7. A single floral at each place setting adds a soft pop of color and makes a great take-home gift for each guest.
- Space Designed by Evelyn Eshun
- Photography by Leslie Goodwin Photography
- Chandelier, Table, Chairs, Buffet, Union Lighting and Furnishings
- Accessories, Union Lighting and Furnishings, HomeSense
Latest posts by Evelyn Eshun (see all)
- Evelyn Eshun’s Designer Christmas Dining Room - November 12, 2018
- Evelyn’s Double Take: The Sleep Chest - October 1, 2018
- Bohemian VS Urban: Evelyn’s Dining Room Double Take - June 8, 2018